Food and Tuk Tuks! Two of the things that Bangkok is most famous for and one of the best way to spend an evening! On this food tour we combine them with a little bit of mystery for a fantastic evening of eating and adventure as we whizz around Bangkok.
This food adventure gives you a local's perspective on night time eating in Bangkok. We will travel by Tuk Tuk as we explore the food in both the historical center of the city and more local areas. We combine a few street food eating experiences with a few of our favorite local restaurants to give you a diverse look at the Bangkok food scene. We will also explore how Thai food from different parts of the countries varies and also how it has been influenced by other countries in the region.
The majority of the places we will stop to eat have come through recommendations from locals, friends, parents, staff and guides. We don't promise to take you to the most famous places or the ones you will find on TripAdvisor. What we do promise to do is share an experience with you.
Our expert guide will share insights into the various foods as you eat and help you dig deeper into Thai culture as you explore the city. We suspect you will be grateful of the occasional cultural break or Tuk Tuk ride to give you time to digest between food stops. We will drive around the historic Rattanakosin Island with stops outside the beautiful Phra Sumen Fort next to the river and the view of the Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall and Rama 5 statue.
We classify this food tour as "adventurous" and while this does not mean that you will be eating insects and snakes, we will definitely go beyond the stereotypes of Pad Thai and green curries. For less adventurous eaters we recommend our original and most popular "Bangkok Night Lights Tuk Tuk Tour" instead.
After meeting the group at a Krung Thonburi BTS station we will whizz off to pick up some street snacks in a local street food paradise where will we sample a selection of items ranging from one of Bangkok's most famous pork satays(Moo Satay) to fresh spicy chili dips(Nam Prik).
What will follow is a diverse range of unique food stops and a little bit of mystery. We will change some of the stops on a regular basis to add an element of mystery but you will no doubt sample a combination of curries, regional specialties and sweet surprises as we go. At at least one of the stops we will grab a beer with your food.
We will finish in Chinatown - possibly Bangkok's most famous street for street food. Here we will sample a selection of Chinese Thai desserts including the famous sesame dumplings in ginger soup(Bua Loy Nam Ging).
Included: Guide, food and drinks(mainly soft drinks but beer will be available at least 1 stop), transport during the tour, insurances.
Excluded: Tips, pick up/drop off, alcoholic drinks(apart from where stated).
- This tour is limited to a maximum group size of 8 people. We keep the groups smaller than most of our competitors!
- There is a minimum age of 12 years old on this tour.
- Please consult us if you have specific dietary requirements as this tour may not be suitable.
- The tour starts at Krung Thonburi BTS(Skytrain) station. You will need to make your own way there and we suggest you take the skytrain to avoid traffic. Detailed joining instructions will be sent to you on booking.
- The final stop on the tour is in Chinatown and from there we will help ensure you get home safely.
- All the places that we eat we believe are of an acceptable standard and cleanliness to take guests, but for some people we acknowledge that you may still have concerns about some places.
- Points of historical interest along the route include: Chinatown, Fort Sumen, Anantasamakon Throne Hall and Rama V statue.
- This is a food tour so please do not eat beforehand!
- The main mode of transport is Tuk Tuk. Tuk Tuks are small fun vehicles that are open air. However, some people do find them noisy, hot and open to traffic fumes. This tour is at night when the temperature is lower and the tour has been designed to avoid traffic. We find most people enjoy it but are aware that some people will not. Also for people with less mobility getting in and out of a Tuk Tuk can be harder but we will happily help those who have problems.
- Several of our Tuk Tuks now have transparent roofs. However, we can not guarantee every Tuk Tuk will have such a roof. We will aim to ensure as many as possible have such roofs.
- Normally there will be 2 people per Tuk Tuk, However, when odd number of passengers there may be 3 people per Tuk Tuk.
- Advance booking is required. Private tours are available on request and subject to availability. For Private tours we will vary the route to best accommodate your pick up/drop off location.
The meeting point: Krung Thonburi BTS(Skytrain) Station. Instructions of how to find us will be sent to you upon booking.
Not a foodie? For those who are less adventurous when it comes to eating or with specific dietary requirements, check out our original and most popular Bangkok Night Lights Tuk Tuk Tour which is more of a cultural tour even though we still stop for food as we explore. Please note that this tour is generally not suitable for vegetarians or people with strict dietary requirements. However, we can cater for dietary requirements at some of the stops but not all.